Position: Foster Care Worker
Department: Foster Care Programs
Reports To: Foster Care Program Director
Location: Decatur, GA
The United Methodist Children’s Home (UMCH) is seeking a detailed-oriented Foster Care Worker. The Foster care worker, a full-time position, is employed by and is directly accountable to the Program Director of Foster Care Services. Position is primarily responsible for the placement of children in foster homes; maintenance of children while in the foster home; dismissal and follow-up of children upon leaving the foster homes; supervision and training of the foster parents; provision of casework services to birth families and/or children in foster homes.
- To be a viable team member by investing in all activities and functions of the agency’s services.
- To participate in conferences and other training opportunities when requested by the Program Director; and to make use of professional consultation by learning from the experience and knowledge of others.
- To operate in an organized manner consistent with reasonable economy and to keep the Program Director aware of the full range and expected needs of clients in order that priorities can be considered.
- To meet deadlines on compliance standards for foster youth as well as foster parents’ records including ORCC, DHS, and COA regulations.
- To meet monthly deadlines for preparing financial vouchers for the foster parents as well as RBWO per diems for DHS.
- To actively coordinate and participate in service and permanency planning for each family on his/her caseload.
- To be involved in the quarterly quality assurance peer monitoring of children’s and foster parents’ records.
- To make the minimum monthly visits to the regular foster homes and to the available birth parents.
- To participate in outcome planning for foster care, and the keeping of data to support outcomes.
- To enter required data in the state’s GA Score systems, meeting the monthly deadlines.
- To enter and annually gather data used for the agency’s annual report.
- To understand and practice the use of appropriate confidentiality.
- To follow agency personnel and program policy.
- To be a positive factor in public relations by representing the agency well in contact with visitors and people from the community.
- To be involved in the activities of the agency’s quality assurance program.
- To perform other duties as delegated by the Program Director of Foster Care.
- Understanding of complex trauma and ability to implement strategies to guide families to help children through trauma.
- Spirit of collaboration and teamwork that fosters positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Positive, uplifting, and inviting demeanor that opens the door for easy rapport building with families and children.
- Alignment and commitment to the agency’s strategic goals and objectives. Extraordinary attention to case level details that incorporates strong case management skills.
- Have a minimum of a bachelor degree from an accredited college/university in a human service or behavioral science field.
- Have a minimum of two years’ experience of working with children and families.
- Own, drive, and maintain an automobile in good working condition, receiving a reimbursement for agency business mileage
- Understand that this job will require some evening and weekend hours of employment, and some after-hour on call responsibilities.
- Be computer literate, including word processing and excel spread sheets
- Be organized and detailed oriented
- Possess good communication and writing skills
- Agree to support the agency’s mission statement, organizational values and beliefs, and its quality assurance plan.
This position is located at UMCH headquarters in Decatur, Georgia, and the work is conducted in an office setting and across the campus. Fast-paced, working with vulnerable clients. The ability to maintain a flexible work schedule which will include evenings and weekends is required. Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
How to Apply
Please email (no phone calls) your resume using the following guidelines:
- Email: email@example.com
- Subject line: Foster Care Worker
- Cover letter should include (in bulleted form): Experience and qualifications for this position
- Specific Salary requirements
- Potential Start Date
**Please, NO phone calls or third party recruiting agency submittals or inquiries.
Due to the volume of applicant submissions, we regret that we are unable to respond to each inquiry. If you are selected to move forward in the process, we will reach out to you concerning details and next steps in the process.