Position: PT Volunteer Logistics Coordinator
Reports to: Volunteer Manager
Location: Decatur, GA
The United Methodist Children’s Home (UMCH) is seeking a detailed-oriented PT Volunteer Logistics Coordinator to join the Development department at its headquarters located in Decatur, Georgia. Reporting to the Volunteer Manager, the Volunteer Logistics Coordinator will enhance and execute the strategy for volunteer engagement on the Decatur campus. Strong organizational and communication skills are critical to success in this role. This individual will be a creative, innovative, strategic thinker and results-driven team member. The candidate will demonstrate passion for the vision, mission and goals of the United Methodist Children’s Home (UMCH).
This is a part-time opportunity working in the offices and on the campus at the UMCH headquarters in Decatur, Georgia. The Volunteer Logistics Coordinator will work variable 20+ hours per week including some evening and weekend hours to accommodate volunteers or to address time-sensitive opportunities.
- Recruit, engage and retain on-campus individual volunteers and volunteer groups
- Monitor and respond to all volunteer inquiries and data requests; enhance communication processes
- Work to achieve numerical objectives for individual volunteers and volunteer groups
- Maintain data entry and provide regular reports on campus volunteer activity
- Serve as production assistant for all speaking/presentation engagements by Development team
- Handle donations from volunteers as well as gift-in-kind donations
- Manage campus tours through a documented process and execution
- Eager to engage volunteers for the UMCH mission
- Spirit of collaboration and teamwork that fosters positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Motivated to work on details and organization
- Strong judge of character and ability to match volunteers with positions and responsibilities
- Comfortable with the environment:
- Unflappable, non-anxious, positive presence that will keep our main thing (James 1:27) the main thing
- Celebrates the opportunity to work in a faith-based organization
- Embraces and supports UMCH’s social policies
- Comfortable being supervised and guided by others, where work schedule is variable and responsive to supervisor’s direction and volunteers’ needs
- A bachelor’s degree
- Computer skills:
- Microsoft Office – strong proficiency and experience in working with Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Volunteer database management experience helpful
- Raiser’s Edge experience helpful
- Knowledge of volunteerism and volunteer management practices
- Public speaking/Facilitation skills
- Successful track record and responsibility for project management
This position is located at UMCH headquarters in Decatur, Georgia, and the work is conducted in an office setting and across the campus. Fast-paced, working with vulnerable clients. The ability to maintain a flexible work schedule which will include evenings and weekends is required. Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
How to Apply
Please email (no phone calls) your resume using the following guidelines:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject line: PT Volunteer Logistics Coordinator
- Cover letter should include (in bulleted form): Experience and qualifications for this position
- Specific Salary requirements
- Potential Start Date
**Please, NO phone calls or third party recruiting agency submittals or inquiries.
Due to the volume of applicant submissions, we regret that we are unable to respond to each inquiry. If you are selected to move forward in the process, we will reach out to you concerning details and next steps in the process.