Nov. 5, 2014
Please help us make this Christmas a special one for the children and families we serve by contributing to our wish lists.
There are two ways to help:
- Sponsor an individual or a family.
- Contribute a suggested gift from our general wish list, below. Our greatest need is for toddler and baby items.
Please contact us today, because Santa’s sleigh leaves early. The deadline for gift delivery is Monday, Dec. 8. Thank you for helping us serve others during this season of giving.
Guidelines for Christmas Donations:
- Gifts must be received by Monday, Dec. 8, and may be dropped at the front desk in our Decatur office Mondays through Fridays between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. If you cannot bring items during regular business hours, “Santa” will receive donations on Saturday, Dec. 6, from 12- 4 p.m.
- All gifts must be unwrapped. Please include a list of all items in a sealed envelope.
- By donating only new, high-quality items, you ensure that our children are safe and you send the message that they deserve the very best.
- Gifts for the Gainesville area may also be dropped at the Gainesville District Office by appointment only. Call (770) 531-3063 to schedule a drop-off.
General Wish List:
VISA gift cards (please put cards with receipts in an envelope, separate from gifts)
New baby and toddler clothing
Children’s clothing (up to children’s size 16)
Jeans (up to children’s size 16)
Cloth and board books for infants and toddlers
New and durable baby and toddler toys
Gender-neutral toys (arts and crafts, Legos, educational, pretend play, musical instruments, etc.)
Pull-ups (sizes, 3, 4, 5 and 6)
Baby supplies (crib sheets, baby gates, teething rings, safety items, diaper bags, pacifiers, etc.)
Dolls (African-American, Hispanic)
Stone Mountain Park Passes
Books from our Suggested Book List
- Hootah’s Baby by Joanne Green
- One for the Murphy’s by Linda Mullaly Hunt
- Maybe Days by Jennifer Wilgocki and Marcia Kahn Wright
- A Terrible Thing Happened by Margaret M. Holmes and Sasha J. Mudlaff
- Kids Need to Be Safe by Julie Nelson
- Families Change by Julie Nelson
- Murphy’s Three Homes by jan Levinson Gilman and Kathy O’Mally
No time to shop? Make a monetary gift to The Children’s Home. Donate online or mail your check made out to The United Methodist Children’s Home to 500 S. Columbia Drive, Decatur, GA 30030. You can even do this in honor or in memory of a loved one. We will send a card notifying the recipient or their family of your gift. (The amount of the gift is never disclosed.)