Position: Foster Care Program Manager
Reports to: Program Director of Foster Care
Location: Decatur, GA
Are you ready to fully utilize your skills and experience to help transform an organization and make a real difference in the lives of others?
The need for foster families is great. In Georgia alone, 10,000 children are in the foster care system and that number is growing. 150 children sleep in hotel rooms every night with strangers. Our strategic plan calls for us to help solve that problem, and the Foster Care Program Manager will be a key team member in making it happen. Become part of our team and experience the true joy of helping us effectively fulfill our mission.
The Program Manager, a full-time position reports to the Foster Care Program Director. The Program Manager of Foster Care is responsible for managing administrative, billing, compliance, and retention activities of the Foster Care Program. The Program Manager works collaboratively with other departments in the organization, to reach the strategic objectives of the program.
- Be a viable team member by investing in all activities and functions of the organization’s services.
- Collect and analyze data and prepare reports to the ET, CEO and Board of Trustees
- Produce weekly incidents reports for the CEO and Executive Team
- Help the Director to ensure the entire FC team owns and executes foster care annual objectives and associated activities, and leading and lagging indicators. Drive team-wide execution of strategic initiatives. Monitor and evaluate implementation and suggest course corrections where needed.
- Manage administrative staff to ensure timely completion of program administrative tasks
- Manage the case management and foster family database
- Review and approve foster parent annual re-evaluations and compliance
- Coordinate events within the program: Foster Parent Appreciation event, quarterly foster parent training, and other foster parent retention activities
- Coordinate with the Income Development team and foster care program about program needs for donations and volunteers
- Coordinate respite care requests and assist with intake coverage as needed
- Assist with COA re-accreditation and maintaining high quality standards of all accrediting and regulatory bodies
- Manage on-call schedule, and participate in the on-call rotation
- Participate in case management review meetings
- Facilitate, on occasion, IMPACT pre-service training for foster parents
- Oversee onboarding and training of new foster care staff
- Manage the expenses and billing for foster parents
- Understand and practice the use of appropriate confidentiality
- Follow agency personnel and program policy.
- Be a positive factor in public relations by representing the organization well in contact with visitors and people from the community.
- Be involved in the activities of the organization’s quality assurance program.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Human Services related field required, Master’s preferred
- Prior supervisory experience preferred
- 5+ years of experience in child welfare preferred
- Be a quick learner
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Experience using case management software
Compensation and Benefits
United Methodist Children’s Home offers a competitive salary plus bonus incentives program and benefits package including:
- Major medical insurance, plus dental and vision
- Healthcare Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Paid company holidays
- Paid Time Off – vacation and sick days accrual program
- Disability Programs
- Retirement plan with matching contributions
This position is located at UMCH headquarters in Decatur, Georgia, and the work is conducted in an office setting and across the campus. Fast-paced, working with vulnerable clients. The ability to maintain a flexible work schedule which will include evenings and weekends is required. Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.