Job Summary: The Foster Care Supervisor is employed by and is directly responsible to the Director of Foster Care. The Foster Care Supervisor is a vital part of the foster care team. The Supervisor is responsible for ensuring quality and compliance of all case management functions. He/she promotes a positive work environment and culture of excellence, accountability, and learning. The Supervisor works in partnership with DFCS and community providers and is an expert on policy and procedure. The Supervisor is available to support staff in managing crises on his/her caseloads, and supports foster care staff to ensure safety, permanency, and well-being for children in foster care. The Supervisor is an expert on policy and procedure. The Supervisor demonstrates commitment to our mission and vision.
- In conjunction with Director of Foster Care, hire and train new Foster Care Case Managers (FCCM)
- Oversee onboarding and training of new foster care staff
- In consultation with the Coordinator of Recruitment, assign new foster families to FCCM
- Provide, at minimum, monthly supervision to FCCM
- Incorporate trauma-focused approaches to case management and coach staff to maintain a trauma focus
- Assist with barriers to permanency- provide advocacy and support to help achieve safety, permanency and well-being for children
- Accompany FCCM on visits to observe and provide feedback and support, if applicable
- Attend meetings/appointments for FCCMs should a scheduling conflict occur
- Review and approve foster parent annual re-evaluations and compliance
- Review and approve monthly reports, service plans, and other case management reports
- Participate in case management review meetings
- Coordinate respite care requests and assist with intake coverage as needed
- Complete performance evaluations at required intervals for FCCM
- Implement knowledge of licensing rules, accreditation standards, and DFCS contract obligations
- Assist with COA re-accreditation and maintaining high quality standards of all accrediting and regulatory bodies
- Coordinate the Peer Record Review Process, in accordance with COA standards
- Review and approve foster parent annual re-evaluations and addendums
- Manage on-call schedule, and participate in the on-call rotation
- Manage the expenses and billing for foster parents
- Assist with quarterly foster parent training events as needed
- Be a positive factor in public relations by representing the organization well in contact with visitors and people from the community.
- May carry a caseload for a brief period of time during staff transitions
- Participate in recruitment activities in region, when necessary; i.e. information meetings, recruitment events, FP pre-service training (IMPACT)
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate UMCH mission-driven values of integrity, excellence and inclusion, and integrate into work environment and ways of work.
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in social work, psychology, childhood education, education counseling and psychology, or other human service or behavioral science field, with a minimum of two years of casework experience in a Child-Placing Agency or bachelor’s degree with 4 years of related experience.
- Prior supervisory experience preferred
- Possess excellent assessment skills and sound judgment
- Own, drive, and maintain an automobile in good working condition, receiving a reimbursement for agency business mileage
- Understand that this job will require some evening and weekend hours of employment, and some after-hour on call responsibilities.
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office (outlook, word, excel, power point)
- Be organized and detailed oriented
- Be a quick learner
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Possess good communication and writing skills
- Understand and practice the use of appropriate confidentiality
Work Environment: This position is located out of our Decatur Office in Tucker, Georgia. Work is conducted in an office setting as well as in the field. Fast-paced, working environment with vulnerable clients. The ability to maintain a flexible work schedule which will include evenings and weekends is required. Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds. Usually sits in front of the computer 50% of the time.