Title: Foster Home Recruiter
Department: Programs Foster Care
Reports to: Program Director
Location: Decatur, GA
UMCH is seeking a detail-oriented, energetic and compassionate Foster Care Recruiter. The FC Recruiter is a full-time position, directly accountable to the Coordinator of Foster Care Recruitment. The FC Recruiter is responsible for engaging interested parties, including individuals as well as through church coalitions, to recruit potential foster families, provide orientations and training, and to oversee the home study process for these individuals, including the creations and maintenance of their family file.
- Establish and maintain relationships with the church community, other community-based organizations, and families to promote and build awareness about the need for foster families.
- Identify potential foster families, invite them to participate in an orientation, and provide invitations to apply.
- Provide orientations and pre-service training to prospective foster parents.
- Ensure all required documentation is processed during the foster parent approval process.
- Maintain an expert-level understanding of the foster care/child welfare system.
- As a member of the foster care team, participate in assignments such as on-call rotation, which involves placing children and providing foster parent support.
- Complete foster care home studies, including home interviews with families and inspection of homes
- Have a minimum of a bachelor degree from an accredited college/university, preferably in a human service or behavioral science field.
- Have a minimum of two years of experience of working in child welfare, and in a role that includes recruiting, training, or public speaking and presentations.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills
- Ability to assess foster family applicants
- Sound decision making skills and judgment
- Proficient using Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Office applications
- Own, drive, and maintain an automobile in good working condition, receiving a reimbursement for agency business mileage.
- Understand that this job will require some evening and weekend hours of employment, and some after-hour on call responsibilities.
- Agree to support the agency’s mission statement, organizational values and beliefs, and its quality assurance plan.
- Eager to engage volunteers for the UMCH mission
- Spirit of collaboration and teamwork that fosters positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Motivated to work on details and organization
- Strong judge of character and ability to match volunteers with positions and responsibilities
- Comfortable with the environment:
- Unflappable, non-anxious, positive presence that will keep our main thing (James 1:27) the main thing
- Celebrates the opportunity to work in a faith-based organization
- Embraces and supports UMCH’s social policies
- Comfortable being supervised and guided by others, where work schedule is variable and responsive to supervisor’s direction and volunteers’ needs
This position is located at UMCH headquarters in Decatur, Georgia, and the work is conducted in an office setting and across the campus. Fast-paced, working with vulnerable clients. The ability to maintain a flexible work schedule which will include evenings and weekends is required. Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
How to Apply
Please email (no phone calls) your resume using the following guidelines:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject line: Foster Home Recruiter
- Cover letter should include (in bulleted form): Experience and qualifications for this position
- Specific Salary requirements
- Potential Start Date
**Please, NO phone calls or third party recruiting agency submittals or inquiries.
Due to the volume of applicant submissions, we regret that we are unable to respond to each inquiry. If you are selected to move forward in the process, we will reach out to you concerning details and next steps in the process.