THE UNITED METHODIST CHILDREN’S HOME
Title: Marketing Manager
Reports to: Director of Marketing and Communications
Location: Decatur, GA
Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Communications, The United Methodist Children’s Home (UMCH) is seeking a strategic and dynamic Marketing Manager to join the Marketing and Communications department at its headquarters located in Decatur, Georgia.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Demonstrated passion for The Children’s Home mission, vision and values.
- A spirit of collaboration and teamwork that fosters positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Create strategic and compelling marketing campaigns for The Children’s Home programs and activities to raise awareness, engagement and donated income.
- Experience in developing and implementing strategic annual marketing plans that utilize multiple channels.
- Define, manage and coordinate The Children’s Home social media strategy. Must possess social media skills including the understanding of SEO, ability to optimize content for various platforms, and experience with social media management tools.
- Develop content and graphically design online and print materials for campaigns.
- Manage vendor relationships and serve as “quality controls” for creative materials.
- Exemplary writing and proofing skills, including the ability to write varied content for the organization’s website, printed publication, social media channels, email campaigns, printed advertising and special events scripts.
- Provides editorial and creative support to staff for email public presentations.
- Drafts, designs, proofreads, schedules, and analyze email campaigns using MailChimp.
- Conducts analysis of marketing campaigns to report and present to internal and external stakeholders, including senior leadership.
- Monitors and evaluates news coverage to assist in generating coverage and story ideas, as well as augmenting and culling media lists.
- Ability to assist with the management of the departmental budget and manage costs.
- Assists with handling inquiries from media, the public and other departments.
- Maintains and updates departmental editorial calendar.
- Manages, produces and coordinates multimedia materials, including photo, video, resource/quote banks, and artifacts.Responsible for maintaining current databases, fulfilling requests, duplication, and appropriate related record keeping.
- Experience in event planning and execution.
- Manage multiple projects and complete them with minimal supervision.
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as necessary.
- Technical Support
- Willingness and ability to troubleshoot technical issues with website and integrated components.
- Advanced HTML skills and in-depth knowledge of a content management system like WordPress.
- Web analytics background with experience with SEO and Google Analytics.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, public relations, or related field.
- At least two years of related work experience in public relations, communications, or marketing.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Strong writing, grammar, and proofreading skills; Adobe Creative Suite, HTML, MailChimp or other e-marketing platform, MS-Word; PowerPoint; Excel; database software; Internet research skills; and experience building and interacting with a social media audience. Candidate must have excellent organizational skills and a willingness to take on administrative tasks such as scheduling interviews, transcribing notes, and maintaining an editorial calendar.
Fast-paced, but working with vulnerable clients. Sensitivity and good judgment are musts. Ability to multitask. Keen attention to detail. Standard work week is 40 hours, with additional time as required in the evenings and weekends. May receive calls or emails at home on occasion.
CONTACTS WITH OTHERS
Regularly interacts with The Children’s Home directors and staff, interacts sometimes with donors, volunteers, and clients. Represents The Children’s Home to the media, donors, and project participants. Must use appropriate discretion and protocol in interactions.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The United Methodist Children’s Home offers a competitive salary plus bonus incentives program and benefits package including:
- Major medical insurance, plus dental and vision
- Healthcare Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Paid company holidays
- Paid Time Off – vacation and sick days accrual program
- Retirement plan with matching contributions
HOW TO APPLY
Please email (no phone calls) your resume using the following guidelines:
- Email: email@example.com
- Subject line: Name of Position
- Cover letter should include (in bulleted form): Experience and qualifications for this position
- Specific Salary requirements
- Potential Start Date
Due to the volume of applicant submissions, we regret that we are unable to respond to each inquiry. If you are selected to move forward in the process, we will reach out to you concerning details and next steps.