Job Title: Placement Specialist – Foster Care
Reports To: Director, Foster Care
Division: Foster Care Programs
Location: Tucker, Georgia
Job Summary: The Placement Specialist is employed by and is directly responsible to the Director, Foster Care. To receive, process, and manage placement referrals, intakes, and respite for foster children, and coordinate resources for foster families. This incumbent will be an expert in assessing and matching children to open foster homes.
- Receive and respond to all foster care placement requests from DFCS counties via phone and email.
- Process placement referrals in the agency’s database management system.
- Review new home approvals and work closely with Foster Home Recruiters to prepare for upcoming openings.
- Coordinate and facilitate placements into foster homes.
- Assess and determine matches for children in foster homes.
- Develop and maintain relationships with referral sources.
- Complete documentation related to intake and placement- pre-placement contacts, intake and matching decisions, and initial service planning.
- Responsible for a caseload consisting of respite homes.
- Coordinate respite placements agency wide, including obtaining DFCS approval if necessary.
- Provide monthly respite log and prepare financial vouchers for the respite homes.
- DHS/DFCS/EPAC Education Academy (EPAC) Coordinator.
- Maintain an updated list of available foster homes.
- Track and report data and trends on referrals on a monthly basis.
- Develop relationships with foster families and the team to understand the available foster home capacity and placement parameters.
- Demonstrate UMCH mission-driven values of integrity, excellence and inclusion, and integrate into work environment and ways of work.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university in human services or related field with a minimum of two years’ experience in the child welfare field.
- Possess excellent assessment skills and sound judgment
- Experience working in a case management database
- Own, drive, and maintain an automobile in good working condition, receiving a reimbursement for agency business mileage
- Understand that this job will require some evening and weekend hours of employment, and some after-hour on call responsibilities.
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office (outlook, word, excel, power point)
- Be organized and detailed oriented
- Possess good communication and writing skills
- Agree to support the agency’s mission statement, organizational values and beliefs, and its quality assurance plan.