THE UNITED METHODIST CHILDREN’S HOME
Position Title: Private Partnerships Director
Reports To: Vice President of Development
Work Location: Decatur, GA
This is your next move! You love people. You love Jesus and seek to build His kingdom here on earth. You love closure and secretly think of yourself as a ‘hunter-gatherer.’ Being chained to a desk is boring – you are a happy road warrior. You wake up every morning a little obsessed with your goals and nothing will get in the way of your success. Take it personally? Absolutely not! You see a ‘no’ as the next step to a ‘yes.’ You long to join a place that embodies a ‘culture of philanthropy’ and with executives who value your contributions and will roll up their sleeves to support you. You are motivated to save and change lives. The fact that kids sleep in hotels because there are not enough foster families just breaks your heart. Still reading? Heart racing? Then let us hear from you!
Working at UMCH these days is like being at a start-up with a 145 year history of success. We have deep relationships for you to take on and expand. We have a proven track record of success. We are a ‘straight-A’ performer, according to the State. We annually earn a clean audit. We enjoy 145 years of outstanding support from the 930 United Methodist churches in N. GA. Our donor base includes 30,000 families and organizations who have invested over $130M in our mission and ministry. Our donors and partners invest $8M annually and our Board stewards over $67M in assets. We have a new, five-year plan to expand our continuum of care to children and families who face trauma every day. And our team possesses the joy, energy and passionate for their work like you’d expect at a start-up.
The United Methodist Children’s Home is seeking a Private Partnerships Director to be responsible for winning significant philanthropic investments from private sources. The role includes building an aggressive, relationship-based strategy to acquire, expand and renew investments from partners who annually contribute five and six-figure commitments. Accountable to build a qualified portfolio of 200+/- donors, build a customized moves-management strategy for each relationship and generate $1M annually in unrestricted revenue. Markets include high-net-worth families and private foundations, and a limited number of companies and civic organizations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop your voice to passionately and convincingly articulate the UMCH case for support.
- Draft, vet, implement and report against an annual ‘Plan for Private Partnerships.’
- Work the North Georgia market from Tennessee to Macon, Augusta to LaGrange and metro Atlanta.
- Build and maintain a portfolio of 200 +/- relationships that generate $1M annually for the UMCH mission and ministry.
- Develop gifts and grants from high-net-worth families and private foundations, and a limited number of companies and civic organizations.
- Implement a customized moves management strategy for each relationship to include identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation, negotiation and closing, acknowledgement and recognition, stewardship, and renewal.
- Conduct nine face to face meetings a week with qualified prospects and donors.
- Engage executives and select Board members as peer influencers.
- Prepare world-class collateral materials including presentations, proposals, grant applications, gift agreements and stewardship reports.
- Set performance objectives and metrics for UMCH major gifts and grants; gauge progress toward goals by reviewing monthly and annual reporting; monitor and provide periodic progress reports to key stakeholders.
- Design, vet and launch a Planned Gifts program.
- Maintain follow-up, financial tracking and CRM activities.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
- Master’s Degree preferred. CFRE preferred.
- History of engagement in the North Georgia Methodist connection and culture.
- Minimum of five years of successful fundraising experience with concentration in individual major giving and private grants.
- Successful experience with a portfolio of 100 +/- assigned relationships.
- Proven track record of generating $500,000 in unrestricted revenue annually through relational fundraising, and meeting or beating an annual revenue goal.
- Experience with MG moves management. Proven ability to prospect. General knowledge of Planned Gift vehicles required.
- Strongly prefer relational fundraising experience in social service or faith based organizations.
- Experience using Raiser’s Edge preferred.
This position is located at UMCH headquarters in Decatur, Georgia, and the work is conducted from a private office setting. Regional and local travel will be required.
The ability to maintain a flexible work schedule which will include evenings and weekends is required.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
United Methodist Children’s Home offers a competitive salary commensurate with the Major Gifts market.
Benefits package including:
- Major medical insurance, plus dental and vision covered 100% for UMCH employees
- UMCH Subsidized family medical coverage
- Healthcare Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Paid company holidays
- Vacation and sick days’ accrual program
- Defined contribution benefit pension program
- 401k plan with a 6% annual contribution from UMCH
- Paid Life insurance
- Paid Short term and Long Term Insurance
- Expense reimbursement program for mobile phone and mileage
How to apply
Submit your resume and cover letter including salary history and requirements to: Tmonday@flexhr.com.
United Methodist Children’s Home supports a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.