Position: Program Manager – Foster Care
Department: Foster Care Programs
Location: Gainesville, GA
Job Summary: The Program Manager, a full-time position reports to the Director of Foster Care. The Program Manager of Foster Care is responsible for managing administrative, billing, compliance, and retention activities of the Foster Care Program. The Program Manager works collaboratively with other departments in the organization, to reach the strategic objectives of the program.
- Be a viable team member by investing in all activities and functions of the organization’s services.
- Collect and analyze data and prepare reports to the Director of Foster Care
- Help the Director to ensure the entire FC team owns and executes foster care annual objectives and associated activities, and leading and lagging indicators. Drive team-wide execution of strategic initiatives. Monitor and evaluate implementation and suggest course corrections where needed.
- Manage administrative staff to ensure timely completion of program administrative tasks
- Manage the case management and foster family database
- Review and approve foster parent annual re-evaluations and compliance
- Coordinate events within the program: Foster Parent Appreciation event, quarterly foster parent training, and other foster parent retention activities
- Coordinate with the Income Development team and foster care program about program needs for donations and volunteers
- Coordinate respite care requests and assist with intake coverage as needed
- Assist with COA re-accreditation and maintaining high quality standards of all accrediting and regulatory bodies
- Manage on-call schedule, and participate in the on-call rotation
- Participate in case management review meetings
- Facilitate, on occasion, IMPACT pre-service training for foster parents
- Oversee onboarding and training of new foster care staff
- Manage the expenses and billing for foster parents
- Understand and practice the use of appropriate confidentiality
- Follow agency personnel and program policy.
- Be a positive factor in public relations by representing the organization well in contact with visitors and people from the community.
- Be involved in the activities of the organization’s quality assurance program.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Human Services related field required, Master’s preferred
- Prior supervisory experience preferred
- 5+ years of experience in child welfare preferred
- Be a quick learner
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Experience using case management software
The Children’s Home offers a competitive salary and benefits package that may include:
Major medical, dental and vision coverage
Healthcare Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
Wellness program including YMCA access
Paid company holidays
Generous PTO policy
Retirement plan with employer matching contribution