Foster: Welcome Children into Your Home
The United Methodist Children’s Home is looking for foster parents willing to open their homes as a temporary living arrangement for children in need of loving families. If you feel called to this challenging and rewarding task of caring for a child in need of a temporary, safe place to stay, we want to talk to you! (more)
Volunteer: Invest Your Time
Through Your Church:
- Create or join a Care Connection Team
- Organize a collection drive: diapers, clothes, cash, books
- Open a resource closet or a meals pantry for foster families in your area
- Host a Foster Parent’s Day Out
- Become a mentor or a tutor
- Babysit or provide childcare at Foster Parent’s Day Out events
- Provide administrative support at our office
- Volunteer in our free market
Visit www.umchildrenshome.org/volunteer to learn more.
Advocate: Knowledge is Power
Learn all you can about the child well-being sector in Georgia and about our programs.
Visit www.umchildrenshome.org/advocate for a list of resources that will get you started and consider becoming an advocate.
Invite: Help Spread the Word
Invite a UMCH staff person to speak at:
- Sunday School Classes
- Wednesday Night Suppers
- UMW & UMM
- Rotary Clubs
- Lions Clubs
- Chambers of Commerce
- Book Clubs
- Host a dinner or reception in your home.
Contact Kate Schrum for more information