Praying for the children, youth and families we serve is one of the most important ways you can support the United Methodist Children’s Home. Please check back, as we will update this page regularly with new requests.
As you pray for our children, we would love to pass on those prayers to them. They are always amazed, humbled and truly moved when they find out that people are praying for them.
[Form id=”1″] Our specific prayer requests include:
- Pray for the 10 to 15 children each week we have to turn away because we don’t have room in our foster homes. Pray that God will raise up more foster families so that we can serve more of these hurting and scared children.
- Offer prayers of thanksgiving for the way God is at work in the lives of our parents in Family Housing. At a recent Agape Meal, young mothers shared that they were giving thanks for the sense of community they have experienced at UMCH that has kept them going. One mother was thankful for a new full-time job, with weekends off. Another gave thanks for being able to meet her goals, which included securing transportation that would meet the needs of her family.
- Pray for young adults in our community who are dealing with grief over the death, and serious illnesses of family members who are far away.
- Pray for families who are considering the commitment to become foster parents, or to adopt a child.
- Share our joy with our graduates – we are so proud of their success and ask God’s blessings upon their future.
- Pray for our youth who have graduated from our Independent Living Program and are moving into independence in a permanent way. Pray that they will find a strongly supportive faith community where they can grow and give back to others.
Thank you for your prayers. God is at work in the lives of our children and families. As a person of faith and compassion, you are making a difference here. Thank you!