Help The Children’s Home Reach More Children & Families In The Foster Care System.
The Children’s Home relies on individual and group volunteers to help us improve the lives of the children and families we serve.
Volunteers enable us to increase our services to resident and foster families by helping in a variety of ways:
- Providing childcare for our foster families while they attend classes or training
- Tutoring children in foster care and young adults in residence
- Mentoring resident adults or children in foster care
- Providing meals during training or celebrations
- Helping with special events
- Cleaning and organizing our Diaper Closet
- Providing administrative support at our Metro Atlanta offices
Individual Volunteers may view and sign up for these volunteer opportunities at www.umch.volunteerhub.com.
Individual volunteers who are interested in learning more about serving foster families in Georgia may find out more at Foster Care Connection. If you are interested in joining a Foster Care Connection in your community, please sign up for an orientation/training in your area at http://vhub.at/careconnection.
We welcome small groups of 5-25 volunteers to clean and organize our donation closets and to help us with special events throughout the year. If you are interested in bringing a group to volunteer, please contact Alyson Ackerman at email@example.com. Do not attempt to sign up a group on the website – please check with Alyson first to give her an idea of who you are and when you would like to volunteer. Volunteer shifts are usually scheduled in 2 – 3 hour increments. Age requirements may vary, depending on the nature of the task.
If you have further questions about volunteering with us please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (404) 327-5877.